Friday 7 June 2013

I survived Mom to Mom, except one thing happened ...


As you already know, I'm an advocate for buying gently-used items. So last week, I was ecstatic when the Mom-to-Mom sale happened at the Frank McKechnie Community Centre in Mississauga!

Look to the right - see that pile of clothes? I got those, plus the clothes you can't see underneath, and new sandals for ...

$28.50!

I paid 50 cents to a dollar per item.

However, I got so excited, stupidity kicked my ass. Here's why: I didn't properly look over the clothes! When I got home, I noticed one shirt had a small stain on it (I was able to remove it, thank goodness!). Then it turned out the zipper came off of a hoodie I bought - d'oh!

Learn from my mistake, ladies and gents: Always double, triple, quadruple check gently-used items - after all, there's no return policy!

Have you ever made gently-used shopping mistake? What happened?


No comments:

Post a Comment