Thursday 20 December 2012

Free colouring pics and activities for toddlers

If you have a tot who's super bored with everything and the weather's crappy, here's a tip: Print out free colouring pics online. My faves are these:
  • Treehouse: Treehouse Channel's official site has colouring pics of Max and Ruby, Dora the Explorer, Bubble Guppies and The Wonder Pets. What I also love about this site is that it also has activity printouts like doorknob hangers and certificates (but these aren't available for all of the Treehouse's shows).  
  • Nickelodeon Jr: This tv-channel site has themed printouts, such as seasons, holidays, etc. (But if you don't care and just want to print something to keep your kid entertained, I don't think themes matter.)
You can also google "free colouring printables" and see what you get.

I've also realized that a box can go a long way for a toddler. (Same goes for Chinese tofu containers.) I cover boxes or containers with paper and tape and then we colour on them, add stickers, glue shapes, etc. We made a hat out of a tofu container seven months ago and this is still my daughter's favourite costume. I guess this saves me money on dress-up stuff, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment