Monday 22 July 2013

What to do if you find a rock in a diaper

Something weird happened recently: I was about to put a diaper on my toddler (she's 50% potty-trained, yay!), when I found ... a black rock embedded in the diaper.

Seriously.

And no, it was not poop, it was a rock.

Not the faulty diaper I complained about.   .
A lot of parents would complain to themselves and throw out the diaper, am I right?

But this is what I did: I emailed the company, explained the situation. The next day, I got an email from the company's consumer relations department profusely apologizing; then they said they would mail me two $10 coupons.

Although the coupons are being given to me for this "mishap," this wasn't the reason why I said something to the diaper company.

I figured this: My feedback could make a difference on the company; maybe they need to know this to improve their products. Maybe the diaper company needs to make changes to their operations for sanitation reasons, who knows!

So if you do come across a faulty product, say something, don't just sit in the background. Simple words can make a positive difference on other moms and babies.

Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment