Thursday 24 January 2013

Things change with a baby. Period.

I recall watching an episode of TLC's Bringing Home Baby: There was a couple who loved entertaining and travelling and vowed not to let their first baby change their lives. After the birth, they came home from the hospital and casually hosted a barbecue for over 50 people. My thoughts were:

"Excuuuuuuse me?! Isn't the mom sore? Aren't the new parents exhausted? Don't they want to be alone with the baby?!" 

Reality check: THINGS CHANGE WHEN YOU HAVE A BABY. Things change physically, mentally and socially.

Your interests even change. Do you think I cared about Treehouse TV before having a baby? Heck no, I spent many evenings catching up on True Blood. Not to say I don't enjoy my old interests, I just have additional interests with a baby around.

But there are positive changes. Having a child brings this amazing love into your life – an indescribable feeling. And when you see her grow, when you see her develop skills, your heart just glows. 

OK, sorry, I'm getting sappy here. But the point is, things do change. Accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment