Wednesday 23 January 2013

Smart shopping for baby/toddler shoes

I hate shoe shopping for my toddler.

She's only two, but she's already picky about her clothes and shoes. I also have the problem of combining a great price with quality. I could go for a pair at $8.50 at Walmart, but how comfortable are they? And are they durable?

But at Payless Shoes, I found these adorable shoes that my daughter actually wants to wear. They're easy to put on (which is a huge bonus right there!), stretchy and padded. And the price tag? Drum roll please ... $19.99. Not bad, right? But remember, my goal was good quality, not low price. I just lucked out here.

So today's lesson? Don't sacrifice your child's health and safety for a cheap deal. Make sure shoes properly fit and they're top quality. And if you happen to find a kick-ass deal, props to you. So far, Payless Shoes has been the go-to store for me.

Where do you get your kids shoes? Any tips to share?





3 comments:

  1. I also go for durability and affordability. These are my major concerns when looking for shoes for my little one. Sometimes, i find good shoes online. You can try looking for one on the internet.

    - BabyShoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only by my kids shoes from See Kai Run. I check their sizing at local shop that carry their line (like Olly Shoes) and then purchase online when they have a sale going. Most of their shoes are up to 50% off during a sale and I end up paying only about $25/pair, sometimes less. These shoes are made of incredibly soft leather, flexible and durable rubber soles and come in amazing colours and styles. They've been handed down through my kids over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check out See Kai Run, thanks!

    ReplyDelete