Sunday 22 May 2016

Review: Crock A Doodle Mississauga

My creation looks a bit juvenile, but it's the experience that counts! 
My five-year-old daughter and I both have crafty thumbs, and with a "craft corner" in my family room piled high to the ceiling, it was time to move a project out of the home.

Recently, we headed to Crock A Doodle Mississauga on a Saturday afternoon, where we each painted a pottery creation. Was it worth our time? Here's what I've got to say as a "baby savings" mom:

Pros:

  • Lots of items to paint, including different dishes, boxes and figurines. My daughter chose a princess and I chose a small mug; both were $18 each. (The larger and heavier the item, the higher the price. Prices for teeny-tiny items started at $6.) At first I thought, "Mother Goose, isn't this kind of expensive?!" But when you think about it, this price includes your studio time, paint, clean-up and kiln-firing
  • A very bright, relaxing studio environment, with lots of seating for customers. 
  • The studio also provides different paint brushes for you to experiment with.
  • Don't worry, you won't get kicked out! You're free to take your time. My daughter and I took over two hours. 
  • Staff is super helpful and friendly. They even helped me with painting a blurb on the bottom of my mug. 

Cons:

  • When I went to pick up our projects post kiln-firing, I noticed I was a few dollars overcharged. Instead of cash back, I received a $5 credit. For customers who don't wish to come back in the future, a credit could be a problem. 
  • Crock A Doodle Mississauga wraps up your pottery in brown paper and bags it for you. However, the wrapping was kind of chintzy; there wasn't even enough paper to fully protect both my mug and my daughter's princess. 
  • Definitely not toddler friendly! There are way too many breakable items at hand; it's best to leave little ones under 3 years old at home. 
Overall, even if I didn't get my $5 credit, I would still return; I'm already planning my next visit, where I'll create a gorgeous mandala-inspired platter (yes, I'm fully aware I sound like a little old lady with no life, but hey, painting pottery is healthier than drinking!).

Visiting Crock A Doodle Mississauga was quite a memorable moment between myself and my daughter; if you need some one-on-one time with your crafty child, I highly recommend spending time here.

Have you been here before? I would love to know your thoughts; sound off below. 





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your positive review on Crock A Doodle. We appreciate that you took the time to blog about us. The issues you mentioned will be looked into to ensure they do no happen again. We look forward to having you join us in studio again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting sites in my free time. I have visited many sites but did not find any site more efficient than yours. Thanks for the nudge! Mississauga windows

    ReplyDelete