Friday 2 May 2014

3 Mistakes I Made When I Was A New Mom

Now that baby No. 2 is baking in the oven, I have to say, I feel a lot more confident this time around. Maybe it's because I've learned from the mistakes I made the first time around.

With that said, if you are a new mom, I advise you to learn from the following mistakes – because in the end, you'll be saving yourself time, money and pain!


1. I stocked up on newborn diapers.
Babies fit newborn diapers for such a small amount of time. I learned this the hard way by purchasing newborn diapers from a warehouse company – I had so many leftover newborn diapers and they took up a lot of room in my little condo!

2. I didn't invest in a good baby carrier. 
My husband and I used the Snugli and it just wasn't right for us. Our backs, shoulders and hips hurt, we constantly felt like we were slouching. We just gave up on carriers all together. Take the time to find and invest in a comfortable baby carrier – it will save your arms and hands for multitasking.

3. I didn't rest enough.
The day after I gave birth, I decided to walk around a local mall and shop for a breastfeeding pillow. I couldn't walk properly. I could barely push the stroller. Do yourself a favour and assign yourself to bed rest the first week or two after you give birth. Rest up, take that time to learn to feed your baby, let yourself heal. 

Are there any other mistakes new moms shouldn't make? Post your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment