Monday 20 August 2012

Sacrifices

When you're pregnant or bringing a baby home for the first time, sacrifices hit you hard. We've had to give up a few luxuries, but you know what? They've made me realize that my husband and I didn't "need" them in the first place. That said, here are a few things we've given up since the birth of our little soybean.
  • Call display
  • Gym membership
  • Frequent coffee runs to Tim Horton's
  • Buying a new sofa
  • Buying a second car
  • Adding another computer to the household
  • Restaurant choices (goodbye, Winterlicious and Summerlicious)
  • Regular bar/pub nights with the gang
Honestly, I'm not going to lie – I missed fine dining and ordering my regular Sex on the Beach or Pina Colada. However, redirecting funds to family time, like taking my daughter to an indoor playground for a few hours, makes it worth it.

Plus, I don't think this list applies to everyone. Maybe you need call display to avoid vexatious people; a gym membership might be necessary to keep your health up to par. If you're going to make sacrifices, please, please, please make sure it applies specifically to your family, not to anyone else's.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment