Sunday 15 January 2012

You don't have to buy it just because it's on sale!

One thing I've had to learn as a new mom is this: just because something is on sale (or you have a coupon for it), doesn't mean you have to buy it. I recently had a coupon for Gerber (something like buy 10, get $1 off) and jars were on sale at Walmart for 55 cents each. Though I was tempted to get my daughter strawberry-apple and apricot jars, I had to stop myself. Hold on, she's 14 months, she's practically on regular food! Then I remembered watching a few episodes of TLC's Extreme Couponing last year. Do I want to be like the weird old lady who bought cat food, even though she doesn't have a cat? Or the single twenty-something who stockpiled diapers and wasn't planning on having children anytime soon? So I've come to realize that when there's a good deal, you need to step back and ask yourself these questions: Does it expire? Do you have room to store it? And ... do you really need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment