Monday 27 May 2013

What's the difference between daycare, preschool and nursery school?

For many new parents like you and I, the search for daycare is an adventure itself. Which is why earlier this month, I posted an opportunity for you to submit your daycare questions

The first one below is from "Confused" and answering Adventures in Baby Savings' daycare questions is my childcare expert, Kat J., the cool mommy blogger behind Childcare Chat.

Q. What's the difference between a daycare and preschool? My child is two and I don't know which one I should be enrolling her in. I don't need her in full-time care, just a few times a week. Thanks! -Confused

A.  Basically, there really isn’t a difference. Whether they’re called daycares, preschools or nursery schools, they all offer schedules. Some are willing to offer part-time childcare, while others won't. Nursery school, for instance, is usually a morning program, which runs for a few hours and is a great option for those looking to save money on childcare and expose their kids to socialization (or perhaps have a few hours during the day to get things done!).

If you need more information, I found a great link here - I feel it hits the nail on the head! 
-Kat J. 

Check back here next week, when Kat J. reveals what you need to look out for in full-time childcare. And in the meantime, if I spot any hot savings, I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment