Tuesday 2 April 2013

Review: A quick visit to Target (Square One, Mississauga)

So I finally checked out Target at Square One in Mississauga last night. I only had a bit of time as I had to run other errands, but this is what I thought: Meh... nothing to get excited about.

A few things I noticed:
  • For baby and toddler clothes, Walmart is still cheaper. Walmart has tops and bottoms starting at $3 - Target's start at $5. 
  • Toy selection at Target isn't fab. It's actually pretty small and pricey.
  • On the lower level at the mall entrance, they have four or five self-checkouts. Well, they had staff helping people at the checkouts because customers weren't sure how to use them. Plus half of the self-checkouts broke down.
  • Their house brand of diapers are very cheap - cheaper than Costco, Walmart and Real Canadian Superstore. But here's the thing: I have no idea what their brand of diapers and wipes are like. Sure they say "leak-proof" but are they really? I'd rather spend the extra money on Pampers because I know they work.
So my final thoughts? I'll stick to Walmart and the Real Canadian Superstore. Although Target price-matches, I'd rather go somewhere else to price-match because Target doesn't have fresh produce.

Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment