Saturday 23 March 2013

Best places to go with a new baby

I'll be honest with you: I stayed inside my apartment for a month before I went out by myself with my new baby. I thought of all the what-if's: What if I can't open and close the stroller? What if I have to change her diaper and I can't do it alone? What if I have to nurse her? What if she cries? What if people stare?

So if you're itching to escape your home with your new baby, here are some places I recommend in Mississauga, Ontario. They're divided into great and okay categories. You'll see why:

Great Places
  • Erin Mills Town Centre: The mall isn't too big or too small, so there's a variety to look at. Plus their nursing room is awesome: there's a microwave, changing tables, comfy seats and it's all separated from the washroom stalls. Wherever you are in the mall, you don't have to travel far to dash to the nursing room. Oh and there's a Toys R Us Express, score!
  • Any Ontario Early Years Centre location: Other moms are there, too, so everyone can relate to handling a fussy baby.
Okay Places 
  • Square One Shopping Centre: The mall is large and unfortunately there's only one good nursing station (in my opinion). It's upstairs near Walmart, tucked behind Michel's Baguette. It has everything you need to nurse and change diapers, plus there's a private room in there with a toilet and chair for nursing. Just be warned: If you need to go there quickly and you feel antsy with a fussy baby, it may take awhile to get there.
  • Indigo/Chapters: The most comfortable chairs here are in the children's section, but of course those aren't for nursing. And if you need a washroom asap, sometimes it's not nearby. So this is the best place to go if your baby just fell asleep but you still want to get out.
Also, I've never been here, but I've heard that those Movies for Mommies events are baby-friendly. Check their site for details.

Can you add anymore places to my list?


No comments:

Post a Comment