Saturday 2 February 2013

Learn from my mistake!

So, shame on me! I broke my number 1 baby shopping rule: Don't stock up!

Last year, I blogged about how you shouldn't buy something just because it's on sale. Stocking up, especially if there's an expiry date on the product, just wastes room in your home. And when the baby grows out of the product and you have leftovers ... oh, oh, right? This is why I don't stock up on diapers.

However, as I was cleaning out my cabinets today, I found something that expired last month, January 2013: An unopened box of Life Brand Polyvitamin Drops.

Oh, Life Brand Polyvitamin Drops, I knew you were trouble when I saw you on sale at Shopper's Drug Mart. (Ok, that was sort of supposed to be my rendition of Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" - sorry, that didn't work out!)

A year and a half ago, Shopper's Drug Mart was selling this for $7.99 each. At the time, I thought, "OK, my daughter needs it anyway, I'll just buy three packages!" Well, sure enough, she slowly realized that the taste and smell was icky and that she could fight, fight, fight her way out of taking vitamins.

So I ended up only using two out of the three packages. What a waste! But it was a good lesson learned, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment